Your community. Your career.
Being an officer with the RPS gives you the chance to discover your full potential and change your community for the better. Join a service where you can have multiple career paths, excellent benefits and where no two days are the same.
- Over 19 years of age
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification (Level “C”)
- Uncorrected visual acuity of 20/60 in both eyes or better, OR 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye or better (laser surgery acceptable after 3 months).
- No marked degree of colour blindness
- No criminal record and free from criminal involvement in 3 preceding years, e.g. thefts, illegal drugs.
- No criminal convictions for which a Pardon has not been granted (a copy of the Pardon is required). No Criminal charges pending before the courts.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status.
- Excellent physical health
- Good command of English, both written and oral
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Post-secondary education and/or related work/volunteer experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
Applicants must also:
- Be free of any criminal involvements in the preceding three years – detected and undetected
- Have completed two years of post secondary education and/or extensive relevant work experience. Those who have will be given priority consideration.
- Submit to a polygraph
What we are looking for:
First-year constables at the Regina Police Service receive a salary of $65,146 and this climbs to $108,628 for 5th year constables.
The Recruiting Process:
Applicants currently serving with another Canadian police force may apply and will be subject to the same selection process outlined under the regular Police Officer selection process with the exception that Experienced Officers are not required to write the entrance exam. Experienced members must complete the POPAT in 4:15. Hiring is followed by in house training and approximately three months Field Training.
Pay recognition will be given for service years. The maximum starting wage is that of a 1st Class constable. Pension and Seniority are not transferable.