Your community. Your career.
Being an officer with the RPS gives you the chance to discover your full potential and change your community for the better. Join a service where can you have multiple career paths, excellent benefits and where no two days are the same.
- Over 19 years of age
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification (Level “C”)
- Uncorrected visual acuity of 20/60 in both eyes or better, OR 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye or better (laser surgery acceptable after 3 months).
- No marked degree of colour blindness
- No criminal record and free from criminal involvement in 3 preceding years, e.g. thefts, illegal drugs.
- No criminal convictions for which a Pardon has not been granted (a copy of the Pardon is required). No Criminal charges pending before the courts.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status.
- Excellent physical health
- Good command of English, both written and oral
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Post-secondary education and/or related work/volunteer experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
What we are looking for:
First-year constables at the Regina Police Service receive a salary of $65,146 and this climbs to $108,628 for 5th year constables.